26 June 2010

A desire to eat crab legs

Consider this an open invite.


One of the things I haven't had in months is crab legs.  I haven't had it since definitely before starting chemotherapy.  Not because I couldn't, but because I was encouraged to not eat my favorite foods during chemo lest they become not my favorite any longer.  


"Joe's Crab Shack" is a favorite of both Sarah and I.  It certainly isn't the ambience.   In fact, let's be honest:  the environment in there is basically what I'd call "barely tolerable."   The music is way too loud, it is way too cheesy, and the waitstaff is forced to act borderline obnoxious.  I'm not really sure why.  Plus, it is a gimmicky chain.  I'm not even sure how fresh the crab legs are all the way in Colorado.  Having said all that, it is still a favorite simply for the BBQ flavored seasoned crab legs.  


And so, on Saturday July 3rd, one week from today, Sarah and I are going back for crab legs for lunch (probably 11am or noon).  This will be our first time in over 6 months.  If anyone would like to join us, please email me and let me know.   I've been waiting for months, and am extremely excited to do this as part of a "reclaiming my life" feast.   So depending on your perspective, it may be an amazing (or disgusting) display of gluttony based on how I feel.   Afterwards, I start my diet and begin (resume) riding my bike in an attempt to peel off all this excess cancer weight.

4 comments:

  1. Hah! Man, that would be a great celebration event! I will be with you in spirit. But, I have a pretty significant crab allergy - Joe's is one of the places I can't go (chemo or not!) as my throat starts to swell closed when I smell cooking crab. So I wouldn't want to rain on your parade, but have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28/6/10 19:59

    I think the place is awesome too! Would love to join you if I was in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to see you again, Josh!

    The crab legs were great too.

    ReplyDelete