11 July 2010

Another all purpose update - all quiet on the medical front

The crab legs were awesome.  Better than I had remembered.  I ate a lot of them, and probably could have eaten more, but couldn't help but notice I was still eating when everyone else was done and so I stopped.


I haven't written anything here in a while, because not much has happened medically.   On Friday, my port came out.  I had sort of mixed feelings about this, first because I was so thankful to get it, second because it helped out so tremendously, and third because if things don't go well, I'm afraid of needing it again.   It is out, though.   Having it put in was so much better than getting it out, because getting it put in involved conscious sedation, and getting it out only involved local anesthetics, which weren't nearly as pleasant.  I have a tegaderm dressing on it now, and that can come off tomorrow.  So far, I'd say my "skin allergy" is gone, except one corner of the dressing is really red and irritated and showering makes that area burn like crazy.   So, I don't know what that is all about.   


What else do I know?   Tuesday is my PET scan.  Wednesday I have a simulation session in radiation oncology, and the Wednesday after that a "port" (as in portrait) session.   I'm pretty sure this doesn't involve photography or sketching.  July 26 is when my radiation is tentatively scheduled to start.


So, I haven't blogged because nothing exciting has happened medically.  This was my line of thought.  However, Sarah has noted that I haven't written about fun things either.  We are definitely doing more fun things.   "One Fun Thing" has turned into "Multiple Fun Things" each week, which I am thankful for, and I'm working on cramming even more in constantly.   This can sometimes decrease time for blogging.  


I've gotten a lot of rides in these days.  That's great.  Sarah has gotten some riding in herself.  We've had some dinners with friends which have been great.  We went to the American Mountaineering Museum, which was terrific.   We took Lucy to the Farmer's Market, and she had a good time.  We took the dogs out for Doggy Ice Cream.  We've been watch the Tour de France.  Even more, we have a few weekends away planned, as well as a longer vacation this winter.   So, there are definitely things to look forward to coming up.  I'll try to do better in highlighting fun things, and of course I'll post how the next few appointments go.

No comments:

Post a Comment