16 June 2010

A fun Tuesday night climb



For a few years already, I've spent most Tuesday nights riding up Lookout Mountain with the local cycling club.  Last night, however, was a first for me because Sarah actually decided to come.  This was her first trip up Lookout on a bike ever.

She wasn't convinced she wanted to do it, nor do I think she believed she could, but the beauty is that if you cannot, it is all downhill to home.  That said, I was sure she would make it, and I was proven correct.  Pretty sure she had a fun time as well.
Here she is near Windy Saddle, a little over halfway up.
Below is a picture from the observation deck at the top near Buffalo Bill himself. 
It was a fun ride and we made decent time for a cancer patient.  Certainly not my best ever, but far from my worst as well.  We even felt good enough to do the optional loop around Boettscher at the top.  A profile of this ride can be seen here.  We didn't get up to the Country Club or Genessee, but definitely not bad for a first time.   Hopefully we'll do this again really soon.

5 comments:

  1. Nice work guys! Always a great front range climb....and conveniently located for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome work Sarah (and Josh)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome job Sarah! (and josh) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo Hoo! I checked the ride profile and your climb was almost exactly the elevation our house sits above sea level. Excited for you guys to be down to the last treatment in a week.

    ReplyDelete