10 June 2010

JoshCrisps: A delightful snack

JoshPants rides again!!!   This time in the kitchen, however.


I decided to make my own parmesan cheese crisps, hence the name JoshCrisps.   Now, there's more to it than simply putting my name on an already existing snack, in order for me to do that, I must make some improvements.   


Sarah and I were eating some parmesan crisps from Whole Foods when I decided I could do this myself.   Parmesan is good, but my favorite type of cheese is Colby-Jack.  (Improvement #1)  So, I figured I'd make some Parmesan and Colby-Jack JoshCrisps.
What you see in the picture is the Parmesan already on the cooking sheets and I am preparing the Colby-Jack.  You can see they take on a different appearance.
There are many different recipes out there for cheese crisps.  All of them call for baking in the oven somewhere between 300 and 400* and for between 5-8 minutes.  I will not divulge my actual JoshCrisps recipe, but, I fell within that range.  Almost exactly in the middle of it, to be sure.


If you are feeling adventurous, you can season your crisps.  (Improvement #2)  I did that with a few and while I loved it, Sarah did not.    In any case, you can see here how the Colby-Jack ones turned out.
Most recipes call for a well-greased cooking sheet.  I used spray butter and if anything, I'd say my pans were too greasy, but I had no trouble removing the crisps.   The Parmesan JoshCrisps turned out pretty well.   The Colby-Jack ones were about as greasy as you'd expect, but I liked them none-the-less.   I ate all of those myself.


I did have an opportunity to serve the Parmesan JoshCrisps to some friends that evening and they were quite edible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment