25 February 2010

Dave's Ride for Josh: The Scenic Shore 150 Bike Tour


Today's post, which will last throughout the weekend, is a request for support.  Dave, one of my oldest and closest friends, will be riding in The Scenic Shore 150 Bike Tour.  He had told me he was going to do it almost immediately upon finding out my diagnosis.  He has since taken up cycling, which I'm obviously thrilled about.
This ride starts in Mequon, WI  (a Northern suburb of Milwaukee), ends in Manitowoc that night, and the next day finishes at Potawatomi state park.  Those familiar with the area can tell you this ride will parallel lake Michigan's Eastern shore, and thus the title is very appropriate.  In fact, I wish I could join Dave.





This ride benefits the
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and the following is from his note.
On July 24th and 25th, I will be participating in the Scenic Shore 150 Bike Tour to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I will be doing this 150 mile bike ride in honor of my close friend, Josh, who was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in January.
I will be taking pledges for donations that will go to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  These donations have helped fund research that has developed some amazing advances in treating blood cancers, and helping or even saving patients lives.
Please visit my fundraising page. To make a pledge at: 


I can vouch that in my short time with Hodgkin's Lymphoma already, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society has already been helpful.  I have linked from my blog to information on their website.  More importantly, upon request, they will send you an information packet customized to your needs with information specific to your type of blood cancer.  Beyond research and information, they offer a variety of supportive services to patients that can help to meet their social, medical, and financial needs.   In short, I think the organization is wonderful, and one I am appreciative of.   Likewise, I am touched that Dave is doing this and would like to support him as much as possible.   I would suggest that if anyone out there is looking for a great cause to support and a way to decrease their tax burden (who isn't?), consider supporting Dave on this ride!  His goal is $1000.


Additionally, to help him, I've set up a link to the right of this page, just under my picture and info.  This should keep this goal right up near the top of the website.  Go Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment