24 January 2010

Thoughts of appreciation

It has been just about a week since I started chemotherapy and not quite two weeks since I've started this blog and made my little "adventure" public.  Still, even though it has been a relatively short time, I feel like this particular post is long overdue.   The only thing I want to do today is express my gratitude.


I have made it my own policy to not mention names in this blog beyond my own and Sarah's.  It may be an overzealous step in this "Facebook/MySpace/Twitter" age, but one I've adopted none-the-less for reasons of privacy.  Still, I'd like to generically and publicly thank, well, everyone.


First I'd like to thank Sarah (as the only exception to mentioning names), for all her obvious support.  I couldn't even begin to list all the ways she has helped, nor list all the bad things she has had to put up with thus far.  In fact, she is right now reading primary literature on Hodgkins Disease with her pad of paper at her side for notes and questions.  Knowledge is power, but I simply cannot do this reading at this time.  What would I do if she weren't here to do it?   It likely wouldn't get read.  Much like when we were in pharmacy school together, I'm hoping she gets all the details, and then gives me a nice summary after. 


I'd also like to thank everyone else.  We have some amazing friends and family near and far.  All the emails and cards and notes and comments on this blog have been unbelievably supportive and inspirational.   We have read every single one and they are all helpful.  The generosity that has been shown to us is nothing short of astonishing.  The gifts, food, time, advice, stories, and offers are beyond words and I cannot thank everyone enough.   I've heard from several cancer survivors, and to those folks I'm especially grateful for all of the honest insights.  My sincere hope is that I can join your ranks someday and be half as helpful.  Thanks to those of you who have listened to me complain.  Thanks to those of you who have answered my questions.   Thanks to those of you who have simply provided a fun distraction.


It is not even close in magnitude to the thoughts I'd love to express, but once again, Thank You.

1 comment:

  1. Josh-
    Long time reader, first time poster. ;)

    I'm glad to know the treatment is going well; you should be headed in for 2/12 right about now. You definately know all of us are rooting for you; if the comments on your blog are any indiciation, I can only imagine what you are recieving via mail. (Also nice to see that at least some of the folks I thought had dissappeared off the radar are still alive!- aka Brandon!).

    Keep all of us posted on the updates, and of course let any of us know if we can help with your 'days of fun!'.

    -Mack

    ReplyDelete