20 January 2010

Back to work and starting school

I didn't sleep well last night, but I definitely felt good enough to go back to work.  I was up almost an hour early, so it was no surprise that I was so tired by mid-day. 


However, it did feel good to return to normal a little.  Work went by pretty quickly, but it was a good day, broken up by two meetings.   I did have to get a coffee eventually, which sort of "counts against" the 8 cups of water I am supposed to be drinking.


Drinking 8 cups of water per day isn't easy (for me).   Each day I fill up a Nalgene bottle, and typically bring it home with maybe 4 or 8oz gone, and Sarah commenting how much more I should be drinking.  Today I did better, and got half of it, plus a few other drinks throughout the day.


I am glad I got the coffee, though, because tonight was Lucy's first night of obedience school at the Pup-e-ssori.   


We worked on "sit," "down," and "come."


What can I say?  Lucy likes school.   Moreover, it was nice to get out and work with her.  


By now the nausea is pretty well down.  I'm still taking scheduled compazine.  Due to the lack of sleep last night, I am tempted to try some lorazepam tonight, although I may just be tired enough to not need it.  All in all a pretty good day.

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it through work Josh. And I'm sure Lucy LOVED school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find loraz to be weak for sleep. ask for temaz, or alpraz....of course you probably already know this...Glad to see you doing well...and getting through work....also, as far as water goes, I know this sounds silly, but I prefer Fiji or Evian water...it has a 'smooth' taste to it...so when I have to drink a lot of water, I do those if I can...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh-what a wonderful idea to have this blog! Jim and I will follow you and know we are thinking of you. Loved the pics of Lucy...she is a cutie! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh - glad your day back to work was pretty uneventful. If you have trouble sleeping ask the MD for some ambien or lunesta, it should make for a good sleep. Hopefully you won't sleepwalk with it though. You don't just have to drink water, any non-cafinated beverage counts (like Gatorade - Go Gators!). Even soup and popsicles are fluid.
    Lucy is a cute little dog. Keep up the blog...
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better sleep through chemistry!
    Good strategy with the bottle. It's all about goals. I monitor intake in bottles per day too. I'm a princess about using the britta pitcher, can't stand chlorine smell. Maybe ice vs. no ice. I prefer room temp, Erik likes ice if he can get it.

    I spotted my green nalgene bottle in a baby shower picture. That thing is going on 9 years old!! Convenient justification for a trendy stainless bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee should be considered a necessary evil...it has water in it right??? Sounds like Lucy is a good pupil. At least you don't have a "Marley-like" dog on your hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Josh and Sarah!
    Sara Novogoratz has been keeping us posted on things with you two. We are all pulling for you here at St. Mary's!
    Keep blogging; I will follow you along your journey.
    What a great attitude you are maintaining. Say "hello" to Sarah!
    traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. 8 cups/day is a lot for little girl bladder but I'm glad to hear you're trying! :-)

    ReplyDelete