26 February 2011

Oncology Follow up #2

Last Friday (sorry it took me so long to get this posted), was my 6-month follow-up.  It was actually 8 months, but by their design.


Their philosophy is follow labs, minimal diagnostic radiation (unless necessary).  My oncologist says nearly everyone who does relapse has a known symptom come back.  Mine were pretty non-specific (no lumps and bumps), which leaves me with cough and being tired.  I've had both of those things, but in a different way than before I was diagnosed.


The verdict is:  still clean.  What a relief!  Given the lack of specific symptoms, I pretty much expected that, but the labs can always get you.   Luckily this wasn't the case, so I'm good to go.


This visit my oncologist brought a new oncology fellow who was from New Zealand and had some interesting insights for us.  After the check-up and stuff, we talked about some psycho-social stuff, which is going MUCH, MUCH better for me than at my 3 month follow-up.


So, now we get to be relieved for another 4 months or so, at least until the anxiety of the next visit starts up, which is usually around the time it gets scheduled, or maybe 2 months from now.  

1 comment:

  1. That is good news. Keep on being a strong survivor! Art

    ReplyDelete