23 January 2011

A Request for Thoughts, Prayers, Positive Energy, Whatever you may have

I have mentioned my friend George on this blog a few times.  He and I were diagnosed at approximately the same time.  Unfortunately, he has "failed the lumps and bumps test." In other words, the ABVD was not completely successful and the lymphoma has recurred.

I can assure every one of you that this is one of the biggest fears of any cancer survivor out there.  I'd be lying if I said I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on this possibility.

Still, Sarah and I had dinner with he and Susan this week, and they are doing as good as can be expected.  In fact, his tumors have already responded dramatically, which is great.  George looks great to me, and he still is running and biking.  In fact, I'm pretty sure he got more in this past week than I did.  It was a very fun evening at a terrific local vegetarian / vegan restaurant, and we had some drinks and of course swapped cancer stories from the trenches.

I have every confidence and sincere hope that his current plan will work for him, but I'd ask anyone reading, if they have any extra thoughts, prayers, positive energy, karma, ju-ju or whatever to send it his way!

1 comment:

  1. Josh, thx for putting the call out for positive karma for yours truly! I'm certainly open to all positive support the universe can send my way so happy to get the shout out! As I mentioned to you at dinner, I'm kind of embarrassed about the whole thing - I feel like I failed chemo school and now have to go to chemo summer school while all the cool kids like you get to enjoy their permanent vacation from chemo school. Hopefully this next round will allow me to graduate from cancer and chemo school and our conversations can be more focused on doing silly high endurance rides on our bikes!

    ReplyDelete