25 May 2010

Chemo 10 of 12: Uneventful

Yesterday was chemotherapy session 10 of 12.   I officially have 1 cycle left, or 2 doses of chemo, as well as the fun of riding out this week.


All this comes after a great weekend.  I felt good, and we did a lot.  I got in several bike rides, including a road ride with Sarah and her (our) new club.  We had dinner at "The Pub" at Boulder Beer, which is one of our favorites.    We also had a terrific time at a BBQ with some of our friends.  


Chemotherapy yesterday was completely uneventful for a change.  We got there plenty early just in case we had port problems.  Luckily, we did not.  So, I had my blood drawn and then had an hour to go to Starbucks for my new favorite:  An Iced, skinny, decaf latte.   Why is this my favorite now?  Iced because of the weather, skinny because I drink skim milk anyway, and decaf because it actually then counts as a positive instead of a negative on my fluid goals for the day.  I've been drinking this more and more lately.    Back to the infusion center....


Chemo went pretty fast.  My nurse even increased the rate on the dacarbazine in a trial to see if I'd notice anything since we hadn't ever changed that since getting the port.  (So far, so good!).  We were done before 3pm, and that left us time to head over to Coors Field since Sarah wanted to look for some Rockies tickets.   We picked up Lucy from doggie day care and went home.


Last night was pretty uneventful too.  I didn't take my usual nap, but the chemo fog started earlier than normal.  I basically just watched some TV and Sarah brought me a salad from Chili's To-Go.  After that I went to bed.


Although chemo fog was worse last night, it was less today.  I didn't sleep well, but I'm not so tired.  I definitely had the fog when I woke up, but I'm a little more clear as I type this.   I'm even debating whether or not I can/should ride with my bicycle club this evening.  We'll see as the day goes on.


I haven't had any pics in a long time, so, I figured I'd share how much Lucy has grown.

We are also getting in many more walks lately due to my feeling better, and due to how great the weather has been lately.  Hopefully this continues and soon I can progress into running with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment