15 September 2010

World Lymphoma Awareness Day

Today.  September 15th, although the message isn't so much day dependent, which allowed me to pre-write this post and hit "send" today in seconds even from a phone.   Isn't technology great?  (Sometimes).

Yep, I shamelessly stole that little graphic from the Lymphoma Coalition.  I don't think they'll mind, given their stated goal.  Their website is here:
http://www.lymphomacoalition.org/

And a direct link to "know your nodes" is here: http://www.knowyournodes.org/   Go ahead, take the quiz, click around a bit and learn.  Don't do this for me, do this for you.  Yep, this is a continuation of another post which I stole from my buddy George

Caveat:  I don't know the lymphoma coalition.  I'd never seen this website before hearing about this second hand from another cancer organization (Seattle CCA).  But, I did take the quiz and click around some.  You will learn something.  Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is a member of the coalition, however, and I do have "warm fuzzies" for them.

I've actually spent more time reading about cancer now than early on in my treatment.  Early on when I was so sick, I leaned on Sarah to do my research for me.  (Thanks, Sarah!)  Now I cannot get enough info.  One of the things I've learned about Hodgkin's, but other lymphomas as well, is that diagnosis definitely takes time and usually patients go through a couple of other working diagnoses before arriving at lymphoma.  I know this was the case in my little circle of "lymphoma friends."  I was feeling sick by earlier than mid-September last year, but not diagnosed until January.  So, do yourself a favor when you get a chance.  If not 9/15 on "WLAD," then sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment